While CASA covers approximately $24,000-30,000 in program costs per Fellow, applicants should be aware of their responsibility for some program fees and travel costs.
Each CASA Fellow is expected to pay:
- A non-refundable Program Fee of $1,850 (for students enrolled in a Consortium school) or $2,500 (Non-Consortium rate)
- Insurance ($804 Amman/ $1041 Cairo last year; varies from year to year) **
- Roundtrip airfare to Cairo or Amman.
- Miscellaneous fees and expenses during travel (i.e. visas, travel over holidays, living expenses not covered by the monthly stipend)
For help covering program fees, applicants should consider applying for additional funding from outside sources.
Each CASA Fellow will receive the following:
- Paid tuition for all courses.
- A monthly stipend of $650 USD in Cairo or $1050 USD in Amman to help meet living expenses.**
- Some program-related tours and subsidized trips to historical sites in Egypt/Jordan.
CASA Fellows are responsible for arranging and paying for their housing, meals, and travel over breaks. (Stipends are intended to cover basic living expenses, but may not be enough to cover travel back home over holidays/breaks.)
Further details are shared once fellows are accepted into the program. We also connect incoming students with a designated Fellow from the previous cohort for advice on finding housing and other basics of living in Cairo or Amman.
*Only applicants enrolled in a CASA Consortium School, at the time of application, are eligible for the Consortium rate.
**Figures above are based on the current year, but sometimes change from year to year. They are provided only as a guideline; updated information for the coming year will be shared with those who are selected.